Tomorrow’s print product will have a full story about how Senate effectively revoked 12 charters today. But to recap the rest of the committee reports (well, the important ones):
Senate will vote next week to grant chartered status to the Speech & Debate club, TREAT (talent recruitment and entertainment agency team) and Mustang Mavericks.
Senate voted to fund the Anthropology Club $170 (originally requested $2,646) and Asian Council $1,305 (originally requested $1,185).
Up for vote next week:
- Women’s Interest Network is requesting $252 for their Sexual Assault Awareness Week, including Take Back the Night. The Finance Committee (FC) recommends funding in full.
- The Muslim Student’s Association is requesting $1,800 for their Fast-a-thon Banquet. The FC recommends funding $0 because MSA has money left in their checking account which can cover it.
- The Ballroom Dance Club is requesting $500 for a Ballroom Dance Competition at Rice University. The FC recommends funding in full.
- Ramsey Kweik is requesting $675 to attend a trip with the SMU Earth Sciences Department to California and the Geothermal Resource Conference. The FC recommends funding $300.
- The Lung Cancer Alliance is requesing $115 for a Lung Cancer Vigil. The FC recommends funding in full.
- PC Spirit is requesting $838 for homecoming. This request has been amended after a complaint and FC now recommends funding in full.
- ABS/CHAS is requesting $1,116 for homecoming. This request has been amended after a complaint and FC now recommends funding $800.