Normally funding requests are a two-week process:
- The organization meets with the Finance Committee
- Finance Committee makes a recommendation to Senate about how much they should fund (based on standard funding policies [.doc])
- Senate votes on the funding request a week later
Suspending the rules lets Senate vote on the request a week early and gets the money to the organization faster.
Funding Requests Up for Vote Next Week:
- APALSA: originally requested $2,200. FC recommends funding $1,100.
- TSA: originally requested $500. FC recommends funding $150.
- The Muddler: originally requested $1,000. FC recommends funding $400.
- The Medieval Club: originally requested $450. FC recommends funding $450